CONSTRUCTION SAFETY AND HEALTH
The Safety Portal
Construction Safety and Health is one of the cornerstones of a professionalized construction industry. DOLE Department Order No. 13 sets the basis for the duties and obligations of all contractors towards construction site safety as well as safety education required for the construction industry professionals and labor force. In these pages PCA Metro will provide links to relevant content including Legislation and Departmental Issuances forming the basis of site safety requirements. This portal is intended to become an information super-highway for the advancement of site safety practices and an accident free industry.
In order that construction suites may become safe workplaces, it is necessary that a culture of safety first be instilled among contractors. Through this portal the efforts made in this regard will be highlighted.
This portal has a compendium of all relevant laws, government issuances and forms pertaining to construction safety for the guidance of those engaged in construction in the country.
Helpdesk | Forum
This portal has a Public Assistance Helpdesk, a FAQ section as well as a Forum to provide guidance and invite interaction in order to explain safety requirements and measures.
- 1st Quarter NCR OBO Conference successful March 7, 2014 The 1st quarter NCR OBO Conference (National Capital Region Office of the Building Official Conference) held on 6 February 2014 was a success. The conference was also attended by Officers from NCR LGU Business Permit and Licensing Offices (BPLO). The NCR OBO Conference is an initiative of PCA Metropolitan and ...
- 2014 First Quarter NCR OBO Conference set on 6 March February 19, 2014 The 2014 First Quarter NCR OBO Conference (National Capital Region Building Official Conference) is set on 6 March 2014 at Bacolod Chicken Inasal at Quezon Memorial Circle, Quezon City. All National Capital Region Building Officials (NCR OBO) and Business License Officials (BPLO) are invited to attend together with officials from ...
- COSH requirement for STEs February 16, 2014 Every contractor shall have at least one Sustaining Technical Employee (STE) who has undergone the 40 hour Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) Course for Site Safety Officers as a condition for license renewal or New License Application effective Contracting Fiscal Year (CFY) 2014-2015. This was the subject of PCAB ...
- PCA Metro | DOLE-NCR poster campaign kicks off January 7, 2014 The poster campaign of PCA Metropolitan and DOLE-NCR has started with DOLE delivering posters to NCR local Government Units (LGUs) for posting at Business License (BPLOs) and Building Official (OBO) Offices. The posters campaign posters are aimed to increase the construction safety and contractors’ licensing awareness level among both contractors ...
- New Poll: Is construction safety needed for every project site? January 3, 2014 “Is construction safety needed for every project site?” is the question posed in the latest PCA Metropolitan Poll. Participants may choose from four different answers in responding to the Poll. This question is of importance in the light of the proposed legislation turning the provisions of DOLE Department Order 13 ...
- 5th NCR OBO Conference successful
- Construction accident at Shangri-la BGC – 3 injured
- 5th NCR OBO Conference on December 12
- DOLE-NCR 4th free COSH course a success
- Baldoz orders investigation of Chinese illegals in construction sector
- DOLE-NCR Construction Safety Advocacy a success
- 4th NCR OBO Conference another big success
- DOLE-NCR OSH Advocacy – Unlicensed Contractors invited
- DOLE-NCR OSH Advocacy on 2 October 2013
- 3rd DOLE-NCR free COSH course another success